Saturday, April 01, 2006

Catfish Fair

If you don't already know, today is the day of the World Catfish Fair in Belzoni. All of my students are supposed to be there, all done up I'm sure. I'm on my way to Meredith's and then we're headed over.
I'm at the end of my spring break; we had the latest spring break out of any one. It was horrible waiting for it, but now I'm glad. Only 8 weeks left, with lots of testing in from here on out.
I am upset at the though of having to teach during the summer; I'm so burned out. My spring break really wasn't a break at all, I spent so much time on work for graduate school. I don't think we'll make a very good impression on the first years, we'll be so tired and bitter about having to do all the additional work (now, in the fall, and in the spring). I had dreams of getting to sleep in a little and wearing jeans everyday. I think we would benefit more from just getting recharged for the next school year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben Guest said...

Tiffany, how do you feel about it now? And did you have a good time at the Catfish Fair?

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm 15 and just moved to south with my family I thought u could help with a ? i have on manners Do adults expect to hear yes or yes maam when being answered? I hear it alot more and not used to it. new school is big on it and told me to ask fr help lol. Do i just say it when answering a question? when do u expect it for sure? sorry to bug u just thought u can help
Laura ps i was searching under texas and mam and your blog popped lol oh my email is Veronispd@aol.com

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home