Saturday, November 12, 2005

Success Story

One of my students was having such a hard time learning about special right triangles in my geometry class. We had a quiz on it, and of course he failed. The bonus for the quiz was a self-grading sheet-- he gave himself a zero in my class. He was so frustrated with himself, and it showed.

I wrote him a note on his quiz-- "Come to tutoring; I promise I can teach you this!" So he came, and it took me about 5 minutes to explain it to him. He was like, "That's it?" He was so happy. He gave me a hug and said, "Thank you, Ms. Bartlett!" And then he just couldn't help himself-- he picked me up. It was probably one of the most unexpected moments in my life. I of course screamed, and my other students in tutoring were laughing so hard. It was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home