Saturday, January 28, 2006

Philosophy of Education

Now that I have done this whole teaching thing for a while, I think I'm ready to redefine my philosophy of teaching. I bought in to that "Every child can learn" thing for about two weeks, and I'm completely over that kind of optimism now. Here it is, "A teacher can only teach a student what the student is willing to be taught." There. I'm tired of everyone placing all the responsibility on the teachers. Have you met these students? There is nothing I can do for a student that skips class most of the time and sleeps through it the rest of the time. I can't do anything for a student that doesn't bring pencil and paper to school. I can't do anything for a student that chooses to cheat on a major exam, knowing that I give zeros for cheating. I can't make a student do anything that the student doesn't want to do. I will go above and beyond for any student that needs me to, but I'm through trying to help those that couldn't care less.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Tiffany Bartlett,

After reading your blog "Philosophy of Education", I believe you will find my site on aptitude tests to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ... example aptitude tests for fire fighting, job skills technical aptitude tests, tips differential aptitude tests battery, differential aptitude tests pass, scholastic aptitude tests sign ups, skilled jobs aptitude tests and defence force aptitude tests.

We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Kind Regards
Emily

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home