Monday, June 20, 2005

Formal Lesson Evaluation

I just finished watching my formal evaluation, which is thoroughly embarrassing. I didn't look half as cool as I thought I would.

Anyways, I thought it went pretty well. My objective was "using consistent verb tense." I gave the students a worksheet to complete first. Then I had an activity where I gave each student a piece of poster board with half a sentence on it and they had to find the person with the other half of their sentence. So I rewrote the same sentence two or three times in different tenses. I had them lay out all of the poster board sentences on the floor, so they got to move around a little.

I was a little nervous at first, especially since we were having trouble figuring out the camera. After a while, though, I completely forgot I was being watched. My lesson was exactly 30 minutes, which is how long I said it would be. That was awesome. The students all scored high on the worksheet I gave them, so I think they understood the material. They all worked well together during the activity and tried to help each other out.

I didn't have any discipline issues to deal with during this lesson. Anything I asked of my students they did. All they need is a smile and a little encouragement. So, I think what I need to work on is my discipline plan for the fall when my students won't be as perfect.

I have to say I am relieved that I'm done with the formal. Dr. Sullivan comented on how relaxed I looked for class today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monroe said...

Congratulations! I knew you would do a great job.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home