Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Teaching-- For the First Time

I was the teacher today-- for all of 45 minutes and with 6 other adults in the room, but still, I was the teacher.

I'm in a 9th grade English class with Jake, Sarah, and Mason. I'm teaching math in the fall, but this has been good practice. I did an activity with the parts of the speech that went over very well. I made the students do a worksheet and explain to a partner how to find the correct answer, which really made them think about "why did I choose ___ as my answer?".

I feel like I'm really starting to get to know the students, which helped a lot. Some of them want to go to board, some of them would rather die. Some of them can't stop moving for a second. No, most of them can't stop moving for a second. But I love that they all call me "Ms. Bartlett" and say "ma'am" with every response. I just love it, but I try not to let it show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home